Phone: (513) 771-2444
Fax: (513) 771-2447
Email: Email Michael
Available for in-person or Skype consultations
Areas of Practice:
- Real Estate Transactions
- Commercial and Residential Landlord/Tenant Law
- Ohio Consumer Sales Practices Act Litigation
- 3rd Party Debt Collection Defense
- Small Business Development
- General Civil Litigation
Michael S. Spillane
Michael Spillane is a partner in the law firm of Cornetet, Meyer, Rush & Stapleton whose practice is concentrated in the areas of civil litigation, real estate transactions, consumer protection and small business development.
Michael’s litigation practice is focused on defending and enforcing the rights of his clients who have been taken advantage of by a third party. Many individuals and small businesses are hesitant to enforce their rights as they are worried that it will be too costly, the other side has more resources, or they will face some sort of retaliation. Michael works with each client to advise them in an honest and frank manner on the benefits, risks, and potential alternatives to litigation in order to develop a plan that is uniquely designed to maximize the overall benefit to the client.
Along with his litigation practice, Michael also works with his clients in reviewing and drafting contracts, residential and commercial leases, real estate agreements, and small business formation documents. He relies on his perspective as litigator to identify and address potential issues in agreements that would be disadvantageous to the client in legal proceedings. By addressing these potential pitfalls early it greatly reduces the odds that a client will be exposed to a claim down the road.
Outside of the office Mike volunteers his time for RISE UP News, a newspaper designed to assist those currently incarcerated or transitioning out of incarceration. Further, he is an avid sports and theater fan holding season tickets to FC Cincinnati, Xavier basketball, and the Arnoff.
- Ohio, 2014
- United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 2015
- Missouri, 2011
- 2012 Missouri Bar Family Law Conference: Allegations of Domestic Violence in Dissolutions
- Coffee and Core Concepts: Dealing with Rent & Possession
- Xavier University: B.S. 2007
- University of Missouri, School of Law: J.D. 2011
- Member of the Ohio Bar
- Member of the Cincinnati Bar Association
- Member of the Missouri Bar